- December 7, 2023
- Posted by: dexnovaconsulting
- Category: Job Vacancies
Project Engineer (Mechanical Systems)
Job Title: Project Engineer (Mechanical Systems)
Type: Full Time.
Division: Project Control.
Location: Port Harcourt.
Our client is Energy Solution & Services provider company.
The company is looking for a Project Engineer who would be responsible for providing overall project cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise. He will also be responsible for co-ordinating different production teams, designing, and developing engineering systems and quality assurance tests, and building prototypes.
- Analysing project specifications, developing work schedules, and delegating tasks to different teams.
- Completing blueprint designs using CAD software and making appropriate adjustments once the client and other engineers have seen them.
- Ensuring that all engineering and manufacturing processes are in keeping with the health and safety regulations of the state and the country.
- Supervising staff and manufacturing processes and making appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical personnel to develop instructional and training manuals where required.
- Conducting research on field developments and networking with other engineers and professionals.
- Liaising with clients and writing reports to present to shareholders and other relevant parties.
- Ensuring that each project stays within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Scheduling meetings and training sessions when necessary.
- Ensuring that staff remains motivated by implementing feasible incentives and regular team-building sessions.
- Assist in developing/reviewing cost corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Be part of the team to review & evaluate all Purchase Orders before sending it to the Purchasing Unit.
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project.
- Mentor junior project controls engineers and ensure the technical quality and timeliness of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline. engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience in project management focused on cost control, estimating, planning, and schedule control.
- Experience in working within the Oil & Gas Sector will be considered an important advantage.
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and MS Project/ primavera6.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good command of English both written and spoken.
- Strong influencing without authority, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to convey recommendations clearly and concisely to management / leadership.
- Experience using analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and Power Query or equivalent.
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis request.
Remuneration: N7.2M gross per annum.
Interested and Qualified candidates should, kindly send their applications with CV to email@example.com, using the job title as the subject of the mail not later than December 10, 2023.
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.