- December 7, 2023
- Posted by: dexnovaconsulting
- Category: Job Vacancies
Job Title: Project Manager.
Type: Full Time.
Division: Project Control.
Location: Port Harcourt.
Our client is Energy Solution & Services provider company.
The company is looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for providing overall project cost, schedule, estimating, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise. Stewarding of Project cost/schedule with ongoing project analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and Change Management Monitoring and appraising their project performance in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and control. Developing cost and schedule estimates to support opportunity assessments, Project funding, Project reviews, and ad hoc requests.
- Manage Project Cost and Schedule throughout the project life cycle.
- Fully understand the scope of the project, contractual requirements, identify the major milestones and set clear priorities for the project team.
- Develop and maintain the Project Controls related plans and procedures
- Lead the cost and schedule estimates for various project reviews and participate in the preparation of project packages.
- Participate in kick-offs and ongoing meetings with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) to ensure a common understanding of project controls requirements.
- Serve as the budget custodian, lead financial close-out of the project and participate in other project close-out activities.
- Coordinate the collecting, analysing, and reporting of project cost and schedule control information to ensure overall project status is assessed, potential problem areas are identified.
- Analyse trends, prepare forecasts, opportunities, and vulnerabilities.
- Administer the project change control process and communicate implication of changes and ensure that proper and effective project control measures are always executed.
- Review and endorse the plans and procedures developed and ensure implementation of the same.
- Review and endorse all progress and cost/schedule baselines and forecast.
- Analyse cost/schedule and progress reports and trends developed by each business service unit
- Review cost bases of any Change Proposals / Orders
- Assist in developing/reviewing cost corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Take lead in reviewing & evaluating all Purchase Orders before sending it to the Purchasing Unit.
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project.
- Mentor junior project controls engineers and ensure the technical quality and timeliness of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 7 years of experience in project controls experience focused on cost control, estimating, planning, and schedule control and at least 3 years of experience in a senior role.
- Experience in working within the Oil & Gas Sector will be considered an important advantage.
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365 suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and MS Project/ primavera6.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good command of English both written and spoken.
- Strong influencing without authority, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to convey recommendations clearly and concisely to management / leadership.
- Experience using analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and Power Query or equivalent.
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests.
Remuneration: Between N14.4M and N18M gross per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested and Qualified candidates should, kindly send their applications with CV to email@example.com, using the job title as the subject of the mail not later than December 10, 2023.
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.