31 Jan Project Management Professional Certification
Project Management Professional Certification
When thinking about Project Management Professional Certification, the Project Management Professional (PMP) is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
While some project management certifications focus on specific industries, the PMP is designed to equip project professionals with skills to compete in multiple industries and domains making it a global credential. As a PMP, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
This enviable certification is validated through a rigorous process by Project Management Institute (PMI) and aspirants will need to provide information on 3 core areas when applying for the professional exams.
Have you worked as a Project Manager?
Working as a project manager means you have:
- Led and directed cross-functional teams to deliver a project within the constraints of schedule, budget, and scope
- Applied a suitable approach to managing the project to fulfill requirements and deliverable
- Performed these duties under general supervision but were responsible for all aspects of the project
Describe your project management experience
During the application process you will be required to individually detail each project you managed professionally. In your description you should include:
- A brief summary of the project objective
- Your responsibilities and project deliverables by process area (e.g. initiating, executing, etc.)
- A brief summary of the project outcome
Do you have formal project management professional training?
At least 35 hours of formal project management education is necessary to qualify for the PMP. This education must be:
- Consistent with topics included within the PMP Exam Content Outline
- Demonstrated through successful completion of courses, workshops, and/or training sessions that include some form of assessment or certificate of completion
- Obtained in advance of submitting your application but could have been accrued at any point in the past.
While there are several project management training courses available, Dexnova consulting prides her self in providing premium pmp project management professional training across several cities in Nigeria; Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt etc. Also, to accommodate aspirants in other cities, we offer top notch online project management training tailored towards the PMP professional certification exams as well.