- December 7, 2023
- Posted by: dexnovaconsulting
- Category: Job Vacancies
Legal and compliance Officer
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer.
Type: Full Time.
Division: Corporate Service.
Location: Abuja & Port Harcourt.
Our client is a group of companies with interest in Oil & Gas, Power, Industrial Infrastructure, Information Technology and Finance.
The company is looking for a candidate who would be responsible for providing legal and compliance support, design specialized frameworks, practices and procedures required to guarantee that the Vice President Legal maintains the latitude for independent action by assisting in contract and regulatory compliance in our client’s global enterprise risk management activities.
- Provide support to the Legal & Compliance department on all legal workstreams on energy and natural resources matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, divestments, financing and debt restructuring, equity investment transactions, corporate finance and shareholder matters, project and technical agreements, risk management, intellectual property rights and protection, dispute resolution, procurement matters, employment and human resources matter, corporate and compliance matters of the Group.
- Prepare and review sophisticated and complex contracts to support strategic business focus of our client’s company and its Subsidiaries, including documentation on Mergers and Acquisitions, Divestitures, Joint ventures, Financings and Banking documents, Asset acquisitions, Letters of intent and Shareholder Agreements, Contractor, and Consulting contracts, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Partnership and Collaboration Agreements, Supply, Procurement and Distribution Agreements, Commercial leases, and Project Development Contracts, Gas Sale, Transportation and Processing agreements, Technical Service Agreements.
- Provide critical support to the Legal and Compliance Department to enable it stay ahead of the regulatory space and its evolution. Proactively monitor industry policies and current and proposed legislation locally and internally, where applicable and advise and provide guidance on current interpretation of these legislation, regulations, conventions, best practices and key learnings that could optimize the Company’s business operations and strategies.
- Proactively identify areas of high and critical compliance risks and ensure that viable and resourced contingency plans exist for identified elements. Provide critical support to VP Legal & Compliance on anticipatory business and legal risks facing the Company and ensure the development of appropriate action to effectively mitigate such risks in order to protect the Group’s operations and reputation.
- Research laws and regulations that impact the business and prepare related memos/whitepapers, working on projects as designated by the VP Legal & Compliance, and effective monitoring and timely notification of regulatory and policy changes.
- Support the VP Legal & Compliance with oversight on dispute resolution portfolio as well as with interactions with regulatory and legislative authorities. Also provide support in managing potential claims or disputes to which the Company may become a party or claims which may be initiated directly by the Company against other parties.
- Monitor our client’s Group expansion portfolio and assist in due diligence efforts for corporate expansions and acquisitions.
- Attend meetings, negotiations, bodies, forums with internal or external stakeholders as may be required and as delegated by VP Legal & Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 8-10 years of experience in a senior Legal role.
- Experience in working within the Oil & Gas Sector will be considered an important advantage.
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Remuneration: N7.2M gross per annum.
Interested and Qualified candidates should, kindly send their applications with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title as the subject of the mail not later than December 10, 2023.
Note: Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.