- September 14, 2023
- Posted by: dexnovaconsulting
- Category: Job Vacancies
Our client a player in the finance industry needs an Investment Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for investing activities globally, including deal sourcing, analysis/diligence, transaction closing/process management, and post-investment support within the group. The role will be highly entrepreneurial and analytical, spanning emerging market investing, consulting/management, and financial inclusion.
Job Title: Investment Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Institutional Banking
Reporting Line: Report to ED, Institutional Banking and Supervises Investment Team
- Work to source, negotiate, manage, and sell equity investments.
- Prepare detailed financial models, projections, and valuations to analyse equity investment opportunities.
- Origination and execution of investment projects in relevant areas
- Provide strategic support for portfolio companies, such as developing suitable alliances, raising new debt and equity, and providing input on strategic initiatives.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality finance opportunities or investments, Venture capital and social impact private equity funds through anticipating market trends and employing sector/regional knowledge.
- Identify, undertake, coordinate, and manage the necessary due diligence of banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital/impact fund, and other financial intermediation projects applying debt, equity, guarantees, and related Bank products.
- Undertake financial analysis, financial modeling, and risk analysis on projects and apply appraisal tools such as Environment Social and Governance (ESG), Asset and Management Liability (AML), development outcomes.
- Prepare project appraisal reports for presentation to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Good presentation skills
- Financial analysis
- Data analysis
- Stakeholder Management
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- First degree or its equivalent in finance and accounting discipline
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in corporate or project financing
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity, and funds.
- Professional Membership in related field is an added advantage.
Qualified candidates should send their application and curriculum vitae using the role as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 22, 2023.