02 Oct Project Engineering Manager Needed – Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. Project Engineering Manager
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Project Engineering Manager
Power Services Engineering is looking for a Project Engineering Manager (PEM) with proven track record and experience in power generation plant technologies, commissioning, or O&M that is seeking a challenging and rewarding career path in the Power Services project engineering team in the AIM region with prime focus on projects in Africa. This position spans a wide range of OEM and oOEM technologies across combined cycle, gas power plants requiring high level of customer interaction.
- Represent as the technical focal point for projects thru coordination and planning all aspects of assessing, proposing, and technical execution of plant rehab and upgrade opportunities by leveraging the regional and global teams at every step of the process
- Work with regional/global application teams in understanding all aspects of the technical proposals that include complex, extended scope (BOP) and flange-to-flange upgrades & CM&Us
- Provide technical management throughout the execution process and work closely with fulfillment teams in assuring a smooth handover and execution with mitigated risk plans
- Work closely with P&L project leaders as well as fulfillment PMO teams as the engineering liaison throughout the implementation phase and be the technical point of contact for duration of the project
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- At least 8 years of experience in an engineering or technology role
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management of medium to large scale industrial projects
- Extensive knowledge of general turbomachinery and power plant building blocks including balance of plant
- Experience with power plant design and upgrades, including systems analysis and testing
- Experience in successfully communicating with senior leaders and customers, both verbally and in writing