27 Mar New Job @ GE – QC Inspector
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Verification that equipment is assembled and tested to specified requirements and that all 3rd party inspection activities are complete and accepted.
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector maintains and handover completed and QC verified build documentation as evidence of product compliance regarding:
- Stage and Trace Requirements
- Unit Inspection
- MVB Assembly Inspection
- MVB Testing Inspection
- Tree Unitisation Inspection
- Schematics Requirements Inspection
- Tree Completions Inspection
- Tree Testing Inspection
- Identification and appropriate labelling of non-conforming product to prevent its unintended use.
- Raising and closing of Internal Reject Reports (IRRs) to facilitate the control and rework of non-conforming product.
- Raising of survey reports detailing the condition of field returned equipment to determine the extent of rework and remanufacture.
- Deliver Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner giving due care and diligence with Colleagues and in the work place.
- College Educated in Mechanical Engineering or Quality Discipline and/ or equivalent.
- Boroscope Inspection
- Dimensional Inspection
- Documentation Inspection
- PMI Testing Requirements
- Stage and Final Assembly and Testing Inspection Requirements.
- Product technical knowledge and an understanding of Engineering Drawings, Part Specifications, API codes and Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to perform detailed dimensional inspection of component parts.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and the risks and hazards associated with an assembly and pressure testing environment.
- Inter-personal skills to co-ordinate with GE personnel, clients, client representatives and competent bodies on matters of quality and final product acceptance.
- NDE experience in LPI, MPI and UT would be an advantage.
- Oral & Written Communication: Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Team Work: Demonstrates good team working abilities and should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams.
- Customer Focus: Maintains customer focus, both internal and external.
- Good customer relationships are to be maintained to help generate a sense of belonging for internal customers and project the company as being customer sensitive to external customers.
- Commercial Awareness: Understands and applies commercial and financial principles.
- Flexibility: Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
- Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Good level of comprehension in written and oral English