05 May Job Opening – Project Engineer (Dredging)
Dexnova Consulting Limited is recruiting on behalf of our client in the construction industry, for the position of Project Engineer (Dredging) in Bayelsa.
Project Engineer (Dredging)
- To Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Oversee Construction work.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the works in accordance with the drawings/specifications
- Ensuring the plans, drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Review Engineer/Services/Sub-contractor drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Ensure quality control of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirements.
- Ensure project scope meet agreed specifications, run smoothly within budget and time frame.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially hydrographical, quantity surveyors and the overall project manager.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on-site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental sustainability policies are adhered to
- Mechanical and Civil Engineering degree or related field is mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in the Construction industry.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision with subcontractors and construction artisans.
- Must be familiar with the difference dredging methodologies e.g reclamation, sweeping or profiling, cutter suction dredging operations and so on.
- Ability to proffer technical solutions and advise as well as ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to use AUTOCAD and proficient in the use of Ms Office Suite and other basic ICT tools.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional, COREN and other professional body is an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Remuneration: Highly competitive
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and location as subject of the mail. E.g ENGINEER PH
Application should be received on or before Friday 15th May, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted